"Would You Like Fries With Your $*&@#^ Sandwich Generation?"

Running a multi-generational house with kids, parents, and parents' parents.
Ahhh, what an opportunity to share wisdom across the generations.
YEAH RIGHT.
I spend my days hunting for missing dentures, passing out meds, running people
to doctors appointments, and talking the youngest out of smothering the oldest with a pillow.
This better turn into a best-selling novel.


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Before I Begin, Let's Talk About Fish

I just realized that the cute little fishy strip I placed on this website does several interesting things. If you put your mouse arrow in the strip, but fishies will gather around it. And if you click your left mouse button, you leave behind fish food for them. PLEASE FEED THE FISH.

Now I have to tell you what's going on downstairs in my kitchen. My mother, 91, and my mother-in-law, Betty, 87, are discussing how glad they are not to be senile. My mother just said that for a while there, she thought her memory was getting bad, but it turned out that the problem was just temporary. And Betty says the only pleasure she gets from going to the Senior Center is that the people there are senile, and she's glad she's not like them! This is the third time in the last five minutes that they've circled around the topic of aging, and had the exact same exchange. No irony there, no siree.

No comments:

Post a Comment